Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



May 27, 2014

All the poly conventions, retreats and gatherings for the next 12 months.


Hey, you all know about Alan's List of Polyamory Events, right? It tells about all the 19 national and regional poly cons and gatherings that are happening for the next 12 months, as far as I know.

There is nothing like meeting your people, finding your tribe — whether at a hotel convention, a clothing-optional retreat, or a family-style, kid-friendly campout.

I'll be at Atlanta Poly Weekend in less than two weeks: June 6–8, in a nice hotel. Last I heard they were expecting about 250 people and hoping for 300, a record. Presenters and discussion leaders include More Than Two book authors Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert, The Polyamorists Next Door author Elisabeth Sheff, and if a spot opens up, me! Here's the schedule so far.

Then in July I'm off to the very different, ten-day Network for a New Culture Summer Camp East at Abrams Creek in the West Virginia mountains — a deep, culture-building exploration that I've been going to for several years now and recommend highly. It's organized by poly activists and cultural creatives Michael Rios, Sarah Taub, and others.

I wish I could go to a new project that they are starting in August: Endless Poly Summer. This is a five-day "tribe building" intensive at Abrams Creek, intended for people looking to establish extended poly-community networks that persist after people go home; that's the "endless" part. The Allegheny Crest Tribe, as the organizers and associates are calling themselves, hope to grow this into a four-times-a-year gathering. The first runs August 20–24.


And I keep wishing I could get to Polycamp Northwest south of Seattle at the end of August, which is now more than a decade old. I hope to make it again to Loving More's annual weekend retreat September 5–7, a smaller gathering in upstate New York. And the Beyond the Love hotel con in Ohio in November, which began just last year, calls out to me....

I update Alan's List of Polyamory Events continuously. I plan to keep doing it forever. Bookmark it, because updates and new entries do not trigger send-outs.

And if your regional or larger event isn't there yet, tell me! Write to alan7388 (AT) gmail.com.

See you around?

[Permalink]

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Leon Feingold said...

Alan, don't forget the second Monday of every month for Open Love NY's Poly Cocktails, and the 4th Tuesday of every month for Open Love NY's speakers' meeting.

May 28, 2014 12:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this article. Exciting to see a consolidated list of poly events. That link for Polycamp NW would be better if it pointed to http://www.polycamp.org/ . It is there in The Stranger article but buried at the bottom. Thanks again!

May 28, 2014 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home